Purpose: The purpose of the Veterans Affairs & Rehabilitation Committee is to promote programs and services that assist and enhance the lives of veterans and their families, ensuring restoration and/or transition to normally functioning lives. Standing Rules #6, Core National Standing Committees
Key Program Statements:
- Support rehabilitation and healing of veterans through arts, crafts, and hobbies.
- Support veteran caregivers, family members and survivors.
- Enroll Auxiliary members as VA Voluntary Service (VAVS) volunteers at VA health care facilities.
- Help The American Legion, State Department of Veterans Affairs and Chamber of Commerce promote job fairs for veterans and their families.
- There isn’t a VA hospital close to your community? Find opportunities for Auxiliary members to serve veterans in your area such as serving the homeless.
Click image to read the ALA VA & R Eastern Division Newsletter